Approval Specialist Manager
Denver, CO / Full Time
This role will manage a fast-growing team of licensed Approval Specialists (Loan Officers) who work with our cash offer buyers to provide them with the highest level of customer service possible.
The manager will ensure the team has the resources and training it needs to succeed at the highest level. They will take part in hiring, training, enrichment, helping define and streamline processes - collaboratively with other managers and directors.
This role will be responsible for day-to-day support and escalations throughout the cash and mortgage approval process – through closing. You will handle escalations, help team members find solutions, and ensure our buyers are delighted with outcomes. The ideal manager can motivate, inspire and nurture team members. Develop & maintain team schedules to manage time off and coverage to ensure work/life balance.
The role requires 3+ years experience as a mortgage loan officer, preferably with knowledge/experience of different financing channels (broker, correspondent, retail etc.). Knowledge of loan programs, industry rules/regulations, pricing, investor sites, and structuring financing for FTHB’s to savvy real estate investors. Must have an active NMLS license. You should also be organized, meticulous, and able to multi-task and set priorities with a heavy emphasis on follow-ups and communication.
· Friendly, professional, and outgoing – LOVES managing people!
· 3+ years mortgage experience – multiple channels preferred (broker, correspondent, retail etc.)
· Active or past NMLS registration/licensing as MLO
· Very organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize
· Highly Adaptable and open to change
· Can work well in a collaborative or self-driven environment
· Proficient on LOS, POS, pricing engines, investor sites, and other computer systems
· Ability to work remotely (high speed, dependable internet)
· Able to articulate yourself well through both verbal and written communication
· Ability to work beyond the typical 9-5 workweek